In addition, sites receiving HRSA funds, including Norton Sound Health Corporation, Providence Family Medicine Center/Alaska Family Medicine Residency, the Alaska Psychiatric Institute, and Aleutian Pribilof Islands Association, are only granting interviews to applicants who are a US citizen, non-citizen national of the US, or a foreign national who possesses a visa permitting permanent residence in the US.
A complete application package consists of the following materials:
- A completed On‐line AAPI (APPIC’s standard application)
- Cover letter (part of on‐line AAPI) stating your preferred training site(s) and why you are interested in those sites specifically
- A current Curriculum Vitae (as part of the on‐line AAPI)
- Three letters of recommendation, two of which must be from persons who have directly supervised your clinical work (as part of the on‐line AAPI). Please submit no more than three letters
- Official transcripts of all graduate coursework
For all deadlines, please see the table below. All application materials must be received by the deadline in order to be considered. If applicants are invited to interview, they will be notified by email on or before interview notification date. At that time, they will also be informed of the sites for which they have been selected to interview. For those 2023-2024 applicants who are selected to interview with one or more of our sites, the interviews will be conducted through video-conferencing technology.
|AK-PIC Important Dates for 2023-2024 Applicants|
|Application Deadline||November 20th, 2022|
|Interview Notification||December 9th, 2022|
|Interview Dates||January 17th – 19th, 2023|
|Internship Slots Open Across Sites for 2023-2024||Alaska Psychiatric Institute – 2
Aleutian Pribilof Islands Association – 2
Norton Sound Health Corporation – 2
Providence Family Medicine Center/Alaska Family Medicine Residency – 2