2017-2018 internship year Application Instructions
The Consortium will offer full-time positions during the 2017-2018 internship year. Students interested in applying for the internship program should submit an online application through the APPIC website (www.appic.org). Applicants may apply to as many or as few training sites within AK-PIC as they choose. Applicants designate the training sites by selecting the appropriate Match Number when submitting the application. Please note that the Alaska Psychiatric Institute has two tracks, and applicants may choose to apply to one or both tracks. Only one complete application is required for consideration to any of the sites in the Consortium.
In addition, sites receiving HRSA funds, including Norton Sound Health Corporation, Providence Family Medicine Center/Alaska Family Medicine Residency and Aleutian Pribilof Islands Association, are only granting interview to applicant who is a US citizen, non-citizen national of the US, or a foreign national who possesses a visa permitting permanent residence in the US.
A complete application package consists of the following materials:
- A completed On‐line AAPI (APPIC’s standard application)
- Cover letter (part of on‐line AAPI) stating your preferred training site(s) and why you are interested in those sites specifically
- A current Curriculum Vitae (as part of the on‐line AAPI)
- Three letters of recommendation, two of which must be from persons who have directly supervised your clinical work (as part of the on‐line AAPI). Please submit no more than three letters
- Official transcripts of all graduate coursework
- All applicants are required to include work samples as part of the application package. Applicants should upload two items as supplemental materials: 1) one integrated psychological evaluation report and 2) a one-page clinical (therapy) case summary/conceptualization. Please submit no more than the requested documents. All samples must be de-identified, removing all identifying client information. Breaches of confidentiality within the submitted samples will disqualify your application for further consideration and your program’s Director of Clinical Training will be notified.